Senior Vice-President, Human Resources
With its recent acquisition of Global Television, Shaw continues to increase its market share, build infrastructure, and expand its services. Porter is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership on the development
and implementation of all human resources practices and programs. He has an extensive background in human resources, with expertise in organizational effectiveness, strategic and leadership development, and employee relations. Prior to joining Shaw, Porter held a number of senior-level HR leadership positions and most recently held the position of chief people officer with a global brewing company.
In 2013, Shaw was selected by the Financial Post as one of the 10 best companies to work for. Among other benefits, Shaw offers its 12,500 employees alternative work arrangements, including flexible hours, telecommuting, reduced summer hours, and a shortened workweek option.
Senior Vice President Human Resources, Shaw Communications (2006)
- Chief People Officer, Molson Coors (2002-2006)
- Director Organization Development & Staffing, Bombardier Aerospace (1989-2002)
|Years of Experience:
Over 20 years of experience in human resources
- Member of the Advisory Board, The Banff Centre
- Chair, HR Leadership Summit 2014
- MBA, Applied General Management, University of Sussex (1995-1997)
- HND (Mechanical Engineering), University of Ulster (1983-1986)
To read the full feature, click on the following link HRM Online Canada's Hot list of 2014