is facing a suit after a family from Redmond, California claimed the beverage chain knew an employee had been bleeding but did not keep the worker away from customer’s drinks.
Amanda and Luis Vice said that they bought the drinks at a San Bernardino outlet and brought them home to their two-year-old daughter. They did not notice the problem until it was too late, when they could see from the inside of the rim that there was blood.
They allege several torts including negligence, fraud, intentional infliction of emotional distress, battery, and assault, reported Fox News.
“[Our daughter] was licking the whipped cream where it had been sitting on top,” the couple said.
The family’s lawsuit described two of the cups as having a visible red stain, with one allegedly emitting a “strong metallic smell”.
No diseases were transmitted, the Vices’ lawyers said, citing preliminary blood tests even as more will be conducted in the future.
said it is prepared to defend itself against the allegations and present its case in court. It has reportedly offered each family member $1,000 and free drinks for a week.
Job losses as beverage giant shuts stores
makes political recruitment promise