Executive Vice-President, Human Resources
HUDSON’S BAY COMPANY
Cerrone took on the permanent role of executive vice-president, Human Resources, for Hudson’s Bay Company in January this year, as the Canadian institution continues its push to the top of the retail heap. Competition -- especially around customer service -- is getting steep, with the continuing entry of U.S. giants to the Canadian market.
Cerrone brings more than 30 years of experience to the company, with a strong track record of driving growth and business results through data-driven HR strategies. In his most recent role as EVP of Human Resources and Communications for Sara Lee Corporation, he led the HR strategy
for more than 44,000 employees in 40 countries. Cerrone also served as EVP, Human Resources, Retail Financial Services, at JPMorgan/Bank One Corporation, and held prior executive positions at Bank One, Diageo/Burger King, and General Foods Worldwide.
HBC also owns Home Outfitters in Canada, and Saks Fifth Avenue and Lord & Taylor in the U.S., with a total employee base of more than 30,000.
See who else made it on our Hot List.
EVP HR, Hudson's Bay Company (2013)
- Founder, SJC Advisors LLC (2013)
- EVP HR & Communications, Sara Lee (2007-2012)
- EVP HR Retail Financial Services, JPMorgan Chase (2004-2007)
- EVP HR, Bank One (2003-2004)
- EVP HR, Burger King (1999-2003)
- VP HR Europe/Middle East, Burger King Corporation (1997-1999)
- Director, Executive Development, Diageo (1995-1997)
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Business/HR Management, University of Miami - School of Business (1990-2003)
|Years of Experience:
Over 30 years of experience in human resources
Academy of Management Distinguished Executive of the Year - 2006
- Psychology Intern, Texas Department of Corrections (2004)
- Board of Trustees, Chairman of Compensation Committee, Roosevelt University (2004)
- Ph.D., MA, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Houston
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Psychology, Providence College
To read the full feature, click on the following link HRM Online Canada's Hot list of 2014