Vice-President, Human Resources
In 2013, clothing manufacturer Canada Goose expanded production with a new plant in Winnipeg, opened new research centres in northern Canada and opened a U.S. headquarters to handle consumer demand. The company also made it to the Profit 500 list, with a five-year growth (2007–2012) of 538 per cent. With a change in corporate ownership, the Canadian icon will likely have to tweak its messaging to proudly Canadian workers.
Driving that message, Whillans describes herself as “a business-minded HR generalist leader who focuses on delivering results through customer focus and collaboration.” The company has more than 1,000 employees, and its products are sold in more than 50 countries around the world.
See who else made it on our Hot List.
VP, Human Resources, Canada Goose, Inc. (2012)
- HR Director, St. Jude Medical (2012)
- HR Director, Science & Medicine Canada, Inc. (2011-2012)
- HR Director, Levi Strauss & Co. (2004-2011)
- HR Manager, GlaxoSmithKline (1994-2001)
|Years of Experience:
- Masters, HR Management (M.HRM.), York University (2011-2013)
- Certificate for Advanced Program in Human Resources Management, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto Executive Education (2000-2001)
- CHRP, Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) (2001)
- Queen's Certificate in Organizational Development Fundamentals, Queens University, Industrial Relations Centre (2001)
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration, BBA, Wilfrid Laurier University
To read the full feature, click on the following link HRM Online Canada's Hot list of 2014