Vice-President, Human Resources
CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY COMPANY / CN
Madigan has carried the banner for diversity in hiring and in developing talent and skills at Canadian National Railway, even during the tough years of the recession and, indeed, subsequently.
“Diversity is not at all on hold in a recession,” says Madigan. “We think of diversity in two sections: hiring and developing talent. We’re developing talent.”
Madigan was appointed Vice-President, Human Resources in January 2010. In her role as VP she is responsible for managing the Human Resources, Labor Relations and Medical service groups across the company. Prior to that, she had been Vice-President, People, since June 2009.
Madigan joined CN in 1999 as Vice-President, Human Resources, U.S. Operations, quickly moving up the ladder named Vice-President, Labour Relations, North America, in July 2002, drawing from her extensive background in transportation labour negotiations and mediation.
See who else made it on our Hot List.
VP - Human Resources, Canadian National Railway Company (2009)
- Vice-President, Labor Relations, North America, Canadian National Railway Company (1999- 2009)
- Principal, Chambers, Conlon & Hartwell LLC (1993-1999)
- Chair, National Mediation Board (NMB) (1990-1992)
- Lawyer, Weiner, McCaffrey, Brodsky, Kaplan & Levin, P.C. (1986-1990)
|Years of Experience:
- Doctor of Law (J.D.), Law, American University, Washington College of Law (1978-1982)
- Business Administration, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1976-1982)
To read the full feature, click on the following link HRM Online Canada's Hot list of 2014