Executive VP, Human Resources and Chief Corporate Officer
When Josh Blair joined TELUS in 1995 as an engineer-intraining, the company had just made its first acquisition. Nearly two decades later he heads the HR functions of not only TELUS’s Canadian staff but also of the 15,000 International employees TELUS has.
Despite the high profile dispute with the Telecommunications Workers Union in 2005, workforce relations have thrived under Blair’s HR leadership – a team engagement score of 80 per cent is the highest in Canada and in the top 1 per cent globally according to Aon-Hewitt figures. And Blair’s work continues to be full-on – this year alone TELUS has acquired Quebec-based Enode, B.C. based MedAccess Inc and been listed as one of Canada’s top 100 employers.
Executive Vice-President, Human Resources and Chief Corporate Officer, TELUS Communications Company (1995)
- President, Botting Systems Inc. (2000-2001)
- General Manager - Technology & Service Development, TELUS (1995-2000)
|Years of Experience:
Over 20 years of experience in human resources
- TELUS is one of the top 10 HR teams worldwide at the Global HR Leadership Summit
- TELUS is one of the Top Philanthropic Corporation Globally by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Board of Directors for the Sandbox Project
- Board of Advisors for the Cures for Kids Foundation
- Vice-Chair of the TELUS Vancouver Community Board
- Electrical Engineering Program (Graduated with Distinction), University of Victoria
- Executive Program at Queen’s School of Business
To read the full feature, click on the following link HRM Online Canada's Hot list of 2014