John Paul Macdonald
Corporate Vice-President, Human Resources and Public Affairs
With more than 70,000 employees worldwide, the Montreal-based company is one of the top train and plane manufacturers in the world. Despite global setbacks in the transportation industry, the organization has remained one of Canada’s top employers. It is also the only Canadian company to feature on Universum’s World’s Top 50 Most Attractive Employers list.
Macdonald brings his background in communications to the human resources
role he has held at Bombardier for six years, leading the corporation’s talent management strategy
. Over the years, Macdonald has developed a particular expertise in financial communications, crisis communications, and conflict resolution in situations as varied as share offerings, mergers and acquisitions, aircraft crashes, a murder trial, and strike actions.
See who else made it on our Hot List.
Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Public Affairs, Bombardier Inc. (2008)
- Senior Vice President, Public Affairs for Bombardier Inc. (2002-2008)
- Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Molson (1999)
- Head of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations, Quebecor (1996)
- Paramax Systems Canada (1992)
- Department of National Defence in Ottawa, Deputy Chief of Public Information for Canadian Forces Europe
- Director of Public Affairs for the Canadian Forces in Québec
|Years of Experience:
Over 30 years in communications, public affairs, investor relations and human resources
- Communications Strategy, Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
- Bachelor of Arts degree from McGill University
To read the full feature, click on the following link HRM Online Canada's Hot list of 2014