Too often, HR professionals abandon their own equilibrium in order to get the best out of everyone else but one health and wellness expert says leaders can drive better results by starting with themselves.
Here, established entrepreneur Claire Preen offers her advice.
Busy day in the office? Important meeting? Whatever your day holds make sure you start the day off right! Just by adding a couple of the ‘kick-start my day’ suggestions below each morning will improve your energy, attitude and brainpower throughout your day. Not one of these suggestions involves setting your alarm earlier than normal and going for a run!!
1. Healthy Breakfast. Probably the most important on this list. Coffee and toast just does not do it for what your body and brain requires. Choose some easy no fuss but healthy breakfast choices here
2. Hydrate: It’s SO simple!! A warm glass of water with a squeeze of lemon juice in it will rev up your internal digestion system, ensure you get the most out of your breakfast nutrients and if you implement on a daily basis will ward off colds and other bugs and viruses. It’s a no brainer guys!
3. Stretch: Wake that body and brain UP! Start when your alarm goes off (DO NOT hit that snooze button) start by tensing each leg and then stretching it. Do the same with your arms, and chest. Then roll out of bed and do a few gentle stretches on the floor. Guaranteed you feel more awake and ready for the day than if you’d hit that snooze button. A 30 minute yoga session would be even better – but let’s start easy, eh?!
4. While in the shower turn it to cold for a minute or two. Work your way up to five minute. This will increase your mental alertness like nothing else and prepare you for battle! Know that even if you start with a 15 second blast of cold, you can turn it back to hot after – that hot water will feel like true luxury when you flip the tap!
5. Say a positive affirmation: It may sound like ‘new age bullsh*t’ to some of you but it really does work. And you won’t know that unless you try it. So start today, choose your affirmation and stick with it for a week. Be prepared to be awesome!
6 Smile and breathe. Before you prepare for battle, take a deep diaphragmatic breath (or 2!) and smile
This article was written by Claire Preen and was originally published at http://clairepreen.com/2015/11/kick-start-your-day-off-the-right-way/
More like this:
Revealed: CHRO’s top priorities for 2016
Mercedes engineer in hot water over data theft
Why most workers are lazy when it comes to learning