Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 26 Apr 2013, 01:00 AM Agree 0
A.J. Clemente’s first words as an anchor on a live news show were a bit blue – and there was no time for beeping.

• johnny Appleseed | 26 Apr 2013, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    the station did the right thing
  • Suzanne | 26 Apr 2013, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    The station did the only thing they could do.
    Even if they wanted to show a little leniency they couldn't and lets just hope that A.J. Clemente learnt from his mistake.
  • Anne Marie Harris | 26 Apr 2013, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    I read some more on this and it seems like the station messed up. Neither anchor had an earpiece (industry standard) and they came back live 30 seconds early. It wasn't this guy's fault, really. Luckily I heard he already got another job offer.
  • Kelly | 30 Apr 2013, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    Swearing shouldn't be acceptable in any workplace - whether you are on air or not. I wouldn't recommend firing someone on their first offense under normal circumstances. This one is a bit trickier...
  • Ginette | 30 Apr 2013, 08:18 PM Agree 0
    He was on Live with Kelly and Micheal a couple days after that happened and the first words out of his mouth when they interviewed him had to be bleeped. So, he clearly didn't learn from his mistake.
Post a reply