Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 22 Jul 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Donald Trump may have very little to teach HR professionals but - believe it or not - there is a lesson lurking in the recent scandal.
  • Daniela | 22 Jul 2016, 09:26 AM Agree 0
    To be frank, this happens OFTEN in politics and one person should not be singled out against others. Many politicians use phrases and quotes from books and other speeches - this is NOT plagiarism. Michelle Obama used quotes and phrases from books and incorporated it into her speech, which Melania Trump also did. It may have been in bad taste to replicate the exact quote from Will Steger's "Crossing Antarctica", 1989 "the only limit to achievement is the limit you place on your own dreams.” but it is not plagiarism. I think this speaks more of what society has become (rather than who the Trumps are): better-than-you, I-know-everything type of people who are highly educated yet completely ignorant, and in this case, ignorant as to what plagiarism actually is.
  • J Buller | 22 Jul 2016, 01:38 PM Agree 0
    As a result of this 'ahh..error' Mr Trump (continues) received additional media air time...(delaying response) up to three days, thereby (again) detracting from any media attention toward Ms Clinton. Attracting better ratings for the media $$ and more 'free air time' for Trump. Ironically, some of the blame was afforded to Ms Clinton.
    The media exposure greatly out weighed the 'error' outcome. Negative matters, at times when managed effectively can drive positive outcomes.
  • Semon | 18 Aug 2016, 06:21 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for sharing the article.
Post a reply