Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 17 Jun 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
HRM speaks to an academic expert about maximizing employee uptake when introducing wearable devices into the workplace.
  • Hannah | 17 Jun 2015, 01:38 PM Agree 0
    “As it stands, if the data that comes from wearable devices is accessible to employers or to the health insurance provider that a company has subcontracted, they can tell when a member of staff is unwell or stressed and take action,” ---- This is how I would respond if my employer/health insurance provider was monitoring my health via a wearable:

CAPCOM 2: 13, we just got another request from the Flight Surgeon for you to get some sleep. Don't like these readings down here.

Jim Lovell: [Tearing off his biomeds] Let's see how he likes this. I am sick and tired of the entire western world knowing how my kidneys are functioning!

Dr. Chuck: [after Lovell's heartrate flatlines] Flight, we just lost Lovell!

CAPCOM 2: 13, Houston. Jim, we just had a bottoming out on your biomeds.

Jim Lovell: I'm not wearing my biomeds.
  • Larry Dawson | 23 Jun 2015, 01:06 PM Agree 0
    This is the ultimate in invasion of privacy! Having your biometrics beamed directly to your employer, health benefit provider, and anybody else in the organization with the authorization to view your info (fro HR to payroll)as well as accessibility for hacking is preposterous! Next will be day by day adjustment of your premiums for health benefits adjusted by your blood sugar levels, activity levels, alcohol consumption, sleep deprivation, hormone fluctuations, etc. (This will be disguised as "flexibility" options for employees - those who don't want their levels constantly monitored will be able to "opt out" by paying higher premium costs, of course.) And the next step (and not that far away) will not be "wearables", but RFID implants.
Post a reply