Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 06 Sep 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A leading immigration lawyer claims the Canadian economy would benefit if policy makers made some changes to the current system.
  • Syed | 06 Sep 2016, 10:41 AM Agree 0
    The Express eEntry system has made it extremely difficult for international students like me to become a PR. After paying high tuition fees , having to leave this beautiful country is like a slap in the face. I came here about 9 years ago as a student and after facing difficulties was able to finish my education and found myself a good job. Now that i have built my life here, lived here for about a decade, I fear of having to leave this country as my permit expires in 6 months. Starting my life all over again in my home country that i haven't been to in a long time seems an tough challenge.
    I have worked for almost 2 years in the field that I went to school for, but I still dont have enough points to get myself an invitation to apply.
    I really hope the Express Entry system is changed in a way to give us (international students) advantage over people who have studied and worked else where. Throwing us in the same pool as someone who hasn't studied, worked and lived in Canada is unfair.
  • Reza | 06 Sep 2016, 11:11 PM Agree 0
    I got my masters in Canada and immediately started working as a software engineer. Unfortunately I had to change 3 companies to get LMIA and finally my application was not successful. I am very disappointed with the immigration system and I will defend consider other countries to live. Canada is not a place for skilled immigrants anymore.
  • Anitha | 07 Sep 2016, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    According to Express Entry's Comprehensive Ranking System, one can score higher points just by having Masters Degree and higher Language test scores regardless of your skills and expertise. A person who is very good at work with experience but having Bachelors degree and moderate language score will never be able to get a Invitation under current express entry system. Express entry system must be changed before it is too late.
  • Licensed/Regulated Profession | 07 Sep 2016, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    No points are awarded for the fact of being licensed within Canada (in a Canadian province) in a Regulated Profession such as Doctor, Lawyer, Optimetry, etc...

Although you get your license to practice, you cannot get points like those under Skill Trade category as Doctor, Lawyer, etc... does not fall under Skill Trade
  • Victor Godin | 07 Sep 2016, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    Two observations.
    First, the economic forecast assumptions for sectors and regions underlying EE are never divulged.
    Second, while it's true that international students have been short-changed, it is questionable that those graduating from utterly whimsical program areas would add that much value to the economy.
  • Licensed/Regulated Profession | 08 Sep 2016, 06:17 AM Agree 0
    It is so unfair that those licensed in their profession In Canada and Outside Canada get the same amount of points.

Those Licensed In Canada should be given Significant Additional Points, no matter the duration of their course (at least 8 months) as some applicants got Partially Exempted because their foreign education reflect the same syllabus in the Canadian educational system and also due to Mutual Agreement.

So that's not their fault if the duration of their course got reduced.

Unfortunately, in the present Express Entry system points are awarded for adaptability if your course is at least 2 years. This should be changed.
  • Licensed/Regulated Profession | 08 Sep 2016, 06:26 AM Agree 0
    Some barriers like the 1 year work experience requirement should be removed for those who get Canadian Education (degree, master, postgraduate course certificate,...) no matter the duration of their course
  • | | 13 Sep 2016, 12:55 PM Agree 0
    Express Entry is very discriminatory on age. I could be a nobel prize winner and never get an ITA because I'm 41. I'm actually an international PhD student working in water resources (pretty important in Canada), and I can't get in.
Post a reply