Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 24 Feb 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A leaked training document has revealed just how archaic Target’s approach to managing a multigenerational workforce really is.
  • Bill | 24 Feb 2015, 03:42 PM Agree 0
    WOW! How can a company in 2015 think in this manner. I can see why they struggled here in Canada as they don't appear to have a grip on anything. Hearing this I am glad to see them go, not a company we want here.
  • Mary | 25 Feb 2015, 07:39 PM Agree 0
    Maybe the author of this Target document was basing in on her/his family experience. Grandpa (Veteran) can’t use a cell phone, so all Veteran’s ‘find technology complex’; the Baby Boomer Mom, is ‘overly sensitive to feedback’ when the author tells her what she should or shouldn’t be wearing, eating, etc.; the Gen X spouse, ‘is impatient and lacks people skills;’ and the Gen Y children won’t do the dishes without ‘appealing to their sense of idealism.’
    One can't define the management requirements of people with diverse cultures, upbringing, education and experiences even if they are all the same age, much less grouped into a 20 year age span. Even identical twins approach work differently. And the one who broke the Enigma code was a Veteran, clearly not technically challenged.
    If nothing else, maybe this Target document will caution those who try to define and use these generational guidelines.
  • DM | 02 Mar 2015, 08:32 AM Agree 0
    Bye Bye Target, you wont be missed in Canada
  • Veronica Edwards | 17 Mar 2015, 10:25 AM Agree 0
    Although Target may have "revealed" its practices, our experience working with companies shows that there are many more organizations out there doing a poor job managing multi-generational workforces. Main reason is they simply don't know how.
Post a reply