Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 27 Jul 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The RCMP is not unique in its struggles against workplace bullying - one expert weighs in on the worrying issue.
  • jennyt | 27 Jul 2015, 11:06 PM Agree 0
    While workplace harassment and discrimination has severely damaged business productivities and employee mental health, it's refreshing to see HR sector's active involvement. A nicely written article and hope to see serious action from company HR personnel to eradicate workplace harassment and discriminations.
  • Glory Borgeson | 29 Nov 2015, 07:24 PM Agree 0
    Great article! The three points really need strong leadership and leaders who will address the bullying issues at their companies.

I became so concerned about the targets of bullying (their stress levels, their need to get their careers back, their need to get the bullying to stop) – I wrote a book to help them called “Not All Bullies Yell and Throw Things: How to Survive a Subtle Workplace Bully.” In it I include help to lower the stress levels and strategies to get the bullying to stop. The sooner you can get the bullying to stop, the better off you’ll be. (And confronting the bully isn’t always a good option!)

The book is on Amazon.ca at this short link: http://amzn.to/1PV8qEw

~Glory Borgeson,
    Author
  • Shine | 01 Dec 2015, 02:10 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for the valuable ways to deal with workplace issues.
  • ca_exp_work | 10 Jan 2016, 02:29 AM Agree 0
    I was in canada from 2013 to 2014, i was called for a general discussion and foul language was used against me during the discussion. I was rated very least by the same supervisor who used foul language.Not only this, he threatened that I will be terminated if he takes it with HR of the company. He professionally degraded so much that i am not fit to be even a trainee when compared with other trainees/interns.. I had 10+ years of experience. He abused me saying that he will make sure i suffer professionally in the organization.Later for the same year(after I returned to India due to medical), i was given the very least rating for 2014 and when i had a discussion with him and HR regarding my rating, he told everyone during the discussion that I was drunk. two more employees who were in canada working under him, supported this false claim. HR believed it during the discussion in India and justified least rating. I was alone and no one was there to support me during this discussion. I never explored to bring about this treatment of me but now I thought I should.

I had to go through lot of mental agony. My performance was completely destroyed and there was salary hike for me for next 2 years and also promotion. Still I am being denied promotion due to that rating i got. As far as work was concerned I gave all my support and got this treatment. Manager is still in the company enjoying.

Now it is 2016, i have been denied promotion, salary hike and also opportunities due to this. Not treated fairly now.

I had been down with back pain & bedridden for 2-3 weeks during during jan 2014. I used to work in production support all night. Due to this medical reason i requested that i want to travel back.
  • ca_exp_work | 10 Jan 2016, 02:31 AM Agree 0
    I was in canada from 2013 to 2014, i was called for a general discussion and foul language was used against me during the discussion. I was rated very least by the same supervisor who used foul language.Not only this, he threatened that I will be terminated if he takes it with HR of the company. He professionally degraded so much that i am not fit to be even a trainee when compared with other trainees/interns.. I had 10+ years of experience. He abused me saying that he will make sure i suffer professionally in the organization.Later for the same year(after I returned to India due to medical), i was given the very least rating for 2014 and when i had a discussion with him and HR regarding my rating, he told everyone during the discussion that I was drunk. two more employees who were in canada working under him, supported this false claim. HR believed it during the discussion in India and justified least rating. I was alone and no one was there to support me during this discussion. I never explored to bring about this treatment of me but now I thought I should.

I had to go through lot of mental agony. My performance was completely destroyed and there was salary hike for me for next 2 years and also promotion. Still I am being denied promotion due to that rating i got. As far as work was concerned I gave all my support and got this treatment. Manager is still in the company enjoying.

Now it is 2016, i have been denied promotion, salary hike and also opportunities due to this. Not treated fairly now.

I had been down with back pain & bedridden for 2-3 weeks during during jan 2014. I used to work in production support all night. Due to this medical reason i requested that i want to travel back.
Post a reply