Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 08 May 2014, 10:59 AM Agree 0
What happens if you rank Fortune’s Most Admired Companies solely by HR functions? Here’s what the list looks like.
  • Chris | 08 May 2014, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    Nothing in Canada, eh? :-)
  • JoAnn | 08 May 2014, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    Chris, i was thinking the same thing.
  • Kellie | 08 May 2014, 01:06 PM Agree 0
    Who provided the survey info? The company or the employees? Best Places to Work, for example; rates companies based on what the company offers - not on how employees feel about the way they are treated and determining what makes them stay? Often, the Best Companies are rated on time off, benefits, location of work, working conditions (i.e. gyms or reduced memberships), wages, hours of work; and while all of these things are great - they don't necessarily create a healthy workplace - I have to say that I am not always swayed by these surveys unless I know who rated them.
  • naira fawzi | 13 May 2014, 09:15 AM Agree 0
    I am surprised to see global names, yet the survey mentions a specific location. Aren't successful practices measured when they represent a corporate culture across the globe, so HOUR practice in NY is sane as in Indonesia for example!
Post a reply