Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 18 Jul 2014, 09:44 AM Agree 0
Guaranteed to make you smile. It’s easy for HR to get wrapped up in data and numbers, but a school in the UK has a reminder that all employees are valuable.
  • Cindy Palmer | 18 Jul 2014, 11:27 AM Agree 0
    WOW! We need more of this in the world. This definitely sends the message that the focus needs to be "inside-out"- focus on character verses results. THis applies to everything from parenting, society and workplaces.
  • Nancy Sweiger | 18 Jul 2014, 06:04 PM Agree 0
    "Standardized" testing came into vogue approximately 15 yrs ago in Ontario, Canada. It has remained the "lie" of our education system. Every year, parents and their children are subjected to the pressures associated with "testing". This "testing" measures nothing that is truly important. If you are a sensitive child but cannot do the math or literacy stipulated by the "great Oz", you are slotted into the underachieving section - nobody recognizing your emotional superiority. Consultants making $1000/day get to rationalize academic ABUSE. I do mean.....academic abuse. I would much rather support the emotionally superior child, than the child, who can spell!!!!
Post a reply