Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 18 Nov 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
One BC-based employment lawyer said a recent record-breaking decision has serious implications for HR professionals.
  • Ann | 18 Nov 2015, 08:48 AM Agree 0
    I continue to be concerned about the implications of the Kelly case. There was ample evidence that Kelly struggled with significant aspects of working with patients in less than controlled circumstances. UBC even hired a specific mentor/preceptor to assist him. Read the case and decide whether you would be comfortable with you having Dr. Kelly as your physician without significant backup/supervision.
  • Kellie | 23 Nov 2015, 02:01 PM Agree 0
    I too am concerned about the decision in this case. What happens when we begin to lower the standards expected in health care? I want to be confident that doctors are held to a high standard - how do you accommodate him if he were allowed to continue on - who would supervise him once he was out in the field? I wonder if this decision was indeed 'reasonable'.
  • Jeff | 24 Jun 2016, 07:11 PM Agree 0
    Fortunately the trial judge's decision was overturned on the damage issue.

http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/ca/16/02/2016BCCA0271.htm
Post a reply