Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 01 May 2013, 12:04 AM Agree 0
Have you seen young candidates dress inappropriately, take calls, or swear during interviews? It seems Millenials can’t mind their manners.
  • Cathy | 01 May 2013, 01:25 PM Agree 0
    PLEASE!!! Post this with every University/College bulletin you possibly can! Your remarks are completely dead on! I cannot beleive the lack of professionalism and common sense you see among newer graduates!
  • Jennifer Chiasson | 05 May 2013, 06:42 AM Agree 0
    I would agree that this could be a result of parenting styles and would guess that this is seen more with young people or those without experience in the workforce yet. Perhaps a good reaction to this would be to introduce etiquette education at a high school level?
  • Stephanie Smith | 06 May 2013, 07:06 PM Agree 0
    Being a university student myself, I don't think that all young candidates behave this way in interviews or that it is only people my age who behave this way in an interview. I've worked for many different companies while in high school and university and I've seen some questionable interview candidates of varying ages. Maybe its not so much a generation defect as it is a general defect that is just becoming noticed more because people stay with companies for shorter spans of time due to lay offs and wage decreases.
  • Mohammed Almari | 10 May 2013, 10:58 PM Agree 0
    I have never herd of weird interview behave but in my perspective schools and universities must offer some training courses of how to behave in a job interview.
Post a reply