Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 11 Oct 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The firm has become the subject of a lawsuit after one 69-year-old employee alleged he was the victim of age discrimination.
  • Chris | 11 Oct 2016, 11:05 AM Agree 0
    I'm a 62 year old female Senior HR Advisor - that's "senior" as in advanced knowledge and skills, not advanced age. I'm beginning to experience what I believe to be age discrimination in my workplace as evidenced by the fact that I am now being passed over for promotions and challenging work assignments. The problem is, how do I prove this to be true? And, if proven to be true, how can I address the matter without burning more bridges. I plan to contribute to my organization for at least another 3 years and want to avoid becoming an employee who is "just taking up space". I believe I am as competent, productive, and as valuable a contributor as anyone else on this team, especially when the knowledge being taught in universities today is taken from lessons learned during the years that I lived it. I could have written some of the text books they're teaching from today. Fresh, new ideas and energy are wonderful but they need to be tempered with some wisdom gained by experience.
Post a reply