Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 10 Sep 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Starbucks Canada is facing a $1 million employee lawsuit after allegations it failed to uphold a legal duty to keep its workplace safe.
  • Sherry Knight | 10 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM Agree 0
    Employers have an ethical and moral obligation to ensure employees are safe as well as a physical obligation. Every employer needs to revisit this with all employees and hold supervisors and managers accountable at all times.
  • Judith McLean | 10 Sep 2015, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    Small biz owners need Respectful Workplace training and fed-prov $ r there for them
  • Herry | 10 Sep 2015, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    This company is ripping off Canada because of corruption but harper will do nothing because he too, is also corrupt !!! harper should be executed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sue | 10 Sep 2015, 12:48 PM Agree 0
    Sadly I see this a lot, I complained to senior management with my own company about a supervisor who was a sociopath and was told by the Workplace Harassment Group they had no jurisdiction. It was mentally and physically sickening as he was destroying my work reputation in the Executive Boardrooms. They let him get away with the abuse. He went onto other workplaces and did the same thing in those offices....... I was in management group so I was forced to pay for my own lawyer who told me not to make waves. Everyone in my office knew what he was doing he only stopped when my parent died, that I was caring for on my own at the time - the stress was unbelievable - I am surprized I made it but I was taught a good work ethic and stayed to the end.
  • Jeannie McQuaid | 10 Sep 2015, 04:24 PM Agree 0
    A million dollars....but, no, it's not about the money.
  • Jeannie McQuaid | 10 Sep 2015, 04:48 PM Agree 0
    Sue, good for you for persevering. It's very sad that you got fluffed off by your Workplace Harassment Team followed such mealy mouthed advice from your lawyer. Sometimes we just have to be patient and let Karma take its course.
  • Tina | 12 Sep 2015, 11:27 PM Agree 0
    Same here. My boss also did the same to me and instead I was fired and left without job. It is a shame that board and other executives of these type of companies are corrupted. They don't care about people and think that they can do anything. This has to stop.
Post a reply