Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 01 Oct 2014, 11:50 AM Agree 0
You might be surprised by the corporate players answering ‘yes’ to that question and what those answers could mean for HR.
  • Don | 01 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM Agree 0
    Interesting article, seems to me the simple solution to the problem is for the companies to increase the wages to their employees that they themselves support. Why do they need the Gov't to tell them what to pay when they themselves already support paying the wage increase?
  • Jeannie McQuaid | 01 Oct 2014, 01:27 PM Agree 0
    If more people within a given community are making a liveable wage, there will be more disposable income after immediate needs are met. It only stands to reason that they will spend that disposable income for goods and services in that given community. Businesses will more than recover any cost increase they might incur as result of minimum wage increase.
  • Jeannie McQuaid | 02 Oct 2014, 10:16 AM Agree 0
    Don, I think the problem with unilaterally raising one's own base wage rate in certain industries is the perception that they would be giving their competitors a financial advantage. In reality, they would be giving themselves a labour advantage by becoming the employer of choice: increasing the quality of applicants and reducig turnover.
Post a reply