Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 25 Mar 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Don’t leave everything until they’ve arrived at the office – HR can encourage higher retention rates by reaching out earlier.
  • Susan McDonald | 25 Mar 2015, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    As an HR professional we are too busy with our HR responsibilities to deal with this useless on boarding. Our role as HR professionals is to ensure that the interests of management in terms of legal obligations are met.

We are not here to hold hands of the employees who can't hit the ground running.
  • Anna Pontikis Mcleod | 07 Apr 2015, 10:59 PM Agree 0
    I don't think onboarding is useless. Keeping up with a workforce that includes everyone from boomers to millennials proves that onboarding helps retention, fosters mentorship/mentee relationships and serves to uphold the culture of the employer. If Susan is too busy, maybe she needs to review her job description as an HR professional. It sure frees up my time with calls, emails and complaints. An employee who is well versed in the company at start up WILL hit the ground running.
  • Steve Jordan | 09 Apr 2015, 01:36 PM Agree 0
    Susan, you're clearly being sarcastic, right?
    right?

please tell me you're being sarcastic
Post a reply