Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 01 Apr 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Ontario employers are reeling after a controversial Act was passed this morning, banning the use of certain terminology in employment contracts.
  • Dora | 01 Apr 2016, 08:52 AM Agree 0
    April Fools ??
  • Corette Miller | 01 Apr 2016, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    Fuuny! You got me...C
  • Paula J. MacLean | 01 Apr 2016, 11:13 AM Agree 0
    I'm an HR consultant (mainly in Western Canada) of may years and author of 6 books for non-profit leaders. I have not read the wrongful dismissal judgment nor the new legislation. However, when I look at the presiding justices' list, I tend to agree with him. These words are jargon (not just HR jargon either, but corporate speak) that many "people on the line" will not understand. We have long since embraced plain language protocols and this may just be a good invitation to up our game. It is entirely possible and (I believe) more responsible to develop job descriptions that actually describe (novel idea) what people must do. Our goal as managers should always be to help employees (and their supervisors/managers) to be and do the best they can be while working for their employers. Job descriptions full of "junk" don't help accomplish this goal.
  • Bree | 01 Apr 2016, 02:33 PM Agree 0
    Groan!
Post a reply