Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 16 Jan 2017, 09:23 PM Agree 0
A judge says two lawsuits against the RCMP can proceed as a class action, involving all women who’ve ever worked for the force.
  • Chris | 17 Jan 2017, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    I would qualify as a member of this class action group having served as a public servant/special constable for 4 1/2 years before being terminated "without cause" because I objected to the treatment I was receiving at the detachment. However, I'm not putting my name forward because it isn't worth reigniting all the pain from those days. Furthermore, one of my personal acts of leaving it all behind was to shred all the documentation I had collected from that time. As it turns out, when I thought back to those days after reading about this class action suit, I was surprised to realize how close to the surface the pain still is and how it still affects me to this day, especially in my work environment. I believe my experiences working for the RCMP have had a profoundly negative effect on my career since then. I'm now 62 years of age and living in hope of a peaceful retirement.
Post a reply