Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 19 Jan 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Mental health claims are on the rise in the public sector – is the government neglecting its workers?
  • Tom from Burnaby BC | 19 Jan 2015, 02:41 PM Agree 0
    I remember attending WCB roll out programs awhile ago to hear about new workplace programs to strengthen health, safety and wellness awareness and gov employees attending always wondered why WCB did not represent their workplace?

Maybe it is time that WorkSafeBC and all worksafe across Canada moved in this jurisdiction federal workplace legislation direction to shore up national consistency.

Sounds like it would level the playing field immensely.

What do others think?

• Helena Dyck | 19 Jan 2015, 07:20 PM Agree 0
    This is a very interesting article. For years I have heard that the governement employees have free ride so to speak. Long breaks, work that does not necessarily take the full 37.5 hours a week to complete and free time. These are comments I have heard from emplyees and thier families for the past 20 years. Helena Dyck CHRL
  • Tom from Burnaby BC | 19 Jan 2015, 07:37 PM Agree 0
    Helena. what province in Canada do you live in?

If you are from USA I have heard similar stories. But not lately?

Would yo be kind enough to elaborate with thanks
  • Helena Dyck | 19 Jan 2015, 09:20 PM Agree 0
    I live in the province of BC. I have heard these comments even in the past two years.

There are some jobs that may not have accountability in them and or supervisors are protecting workers.
Post a reply