Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 22 Dec 2014, 09:50 AM Agree 0
80 per cent of HR professionals say candidate experience isn’t important but management consultant Lucy Beaumont staunchly disagrees.
  • Kellie | 22 Dec 2014, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    I completely agree with Beaumont. If you want to be an employer of choice, you should always care about your brand. And, it doesn't have to be expensive - something as simple as acknowledging receipt of an application or resume goes a long way.
  • Kristopher | 22 Jan 2015, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    I'm with Kellie and Lucy on this one. I've been through many of the stages of the recruitment/selection process recently and when the interview experience is not a good one, if the energy or personality that comes across is not positive, I'm not sure I want to work there. And I probably would let a few others know about my experience.
  • Joanne | 26 Jan 2015, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    If we had to acknowledge every resume or application I would need a full time staff to do this. When we do a job posting we thank all applicant for responding but note on our job posting that only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. This has certainly not hurt us in any way. If we interview a candidate we always get back to the candidate one way or the other we never leave an interviewed candidate wondering if they got the job or not. Also, if a candidate asks for feedback we will give them feedback. Be polite and honest that is how you protect your brand.
  • kellie | 26 Jan 2015, 11:20 PM Agree 0
    Hi Joanne
    We just have our computer set to automatically reply to applications. We don't actually have anyone responding physically...but it's still acknowledging an application. We also used to say that only those who are contacted for an interview will hear further.
Post a reply