Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 08 Jun 2016, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Canada’s most populous province wants provincial boards to be at least 40 per cent women by 2019.
  • Ram Sehgal | 04 Jan 2017, 01:05 PM Agree 0
    And very soon, perhaps after few major lawsuits, Ontario and other provinces will also set Immigrant employment targets as well. Educated immigrants, with numbers of years of experience are frequently under employed and under paid. Ofcourse, some will quickly tell them to go back.....And we would have done that in a heart beat if only it was that easy. Migrating from countries with weaker economies and lower purchasing power almost requires one to sell their valuables and then move with $10K per person requirement or Canadian immigration.

Employers in Canada, either reject applications from immigrants educated internationally, saying they are 'over-qualified' or use the lack of Canadian Experience. So far my Canadian Experience is simply garbage, full of office politics, schmoozing the boss to get a raise or promotion. In many cases, I have seen younger colored women being given favors by White managers, for obvious reasons.

Its not far when the tables will turn on those who consider themselves in power and majority. Unfortunately, the trends they are setting now will come back to haunt them and their children in future....sorry...near future.
Post a reply