Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 31 Aug 2012, 09:00 AM Agree 0
It turns out there’s some serious truths behind that old line, it started with a kiss. A new study has found many office romances start with a casual ‘X’ in an email sign-off.
  • Jeanne Martinson | 01 Sep 2012, 02:49 AM Agree 0
    This is unfortunately one of the outcomes of our tech lazy communication style. If you appreciate someone's work, valued their efforts, enjoyed their company - use all the letters - and avoid the potential of miscommunication. Just because XOXO has become to be a quick way of spreading positive emotions, doesn't mean we should take the chance of it being misinterpreted. Take a couple extra seconds and skip the quick emotional symbols! Your workplace relationships deserve nothing less.
  • BB | 05 Sep 2012, 03:52 AM Agree 0
    I have never once sent a business email with an "X" or "XO" on the end of it, nor have I ever received one (and I am a warm person who gets along well with nearly everyone). In my view, there is no place for this in business, so it would leave seem very strange to me to receive an email from a co-worker or business contact with this tagged on the end. It would certainly cause me serious concern about the other person's intentions. This should be reserved for personal emails to people you know well (family and close friends). If your intention is to start a relationship, do it outside of the office...
  • D. Gordon | 08 Sep 2012, 03:32 AM Agree 0
    I agree these activities should not enter
    the office environment.
Post a reply