Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 18 Nov 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Having trouble deciding if your job candidate is top class or lazy? Soon, instead of turning to psychometric testing, you may be able to decipher their personality with the help of only 140 characters.
  • Dr. R.P. Saltstone, Advanced Measures | 18 Nov 2013, 11:13 AM Agree 0
    Reliance on psychological traits in hiring or promotion should be done only with the support, and under the direction, of a psychologist licensed to practise industrial/organizational psychology. That results from this ‘tool’ are reportedly “highly correlated” more than 80% of the time with unnamed tests which appear to represent the five factor model of personality is essentially meaningless. The potential false positives and false negatives inherent in a ‘tool’ such as this would be grossly unfair to both hiring organizations and applicants.

Looking at my response, above, I haven’t used many big words, and haven’t used the words ‘we’ or ‘friends’. I guess I’ll be interpreted as being neither caring nor conscientious.
Post a reply