Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 03 Oct 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The federal government is to tighten rules around group terminations, making it more difficult for certain companies to conduct mass lay-offs without warning.
  • S Steen | 03 Oct 2016, 02:33 PM Agree 0
    I was part of a 100 plus group that were terminated due to a Company "bankruptcy" which occured in December of 2015. The employees were quietly shifted to a shell company prior to the bankruptcy. While this shell company was determined to be bankrupt, the original business was still worth millions.

No severance was provided to anyone. There was no advanced warning given by the Company. After 35 years of faithful service, this was how my employment was allowed to end. I was provided my back holiday pay and not much else. Our Unifor collective agreement was not honoured by the Company. Is this to become a common happening in the Canadian labour market? Shame on the Company and the Federal Government for allowing this type of thing to happen.
Post a reply