Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 06 Nov 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
With employee stress on the rise, we look at whether training in neuroscience could help your workers deal with stressful situations.
  • Teresa | 09 Nov 2015, 08:58 AM Agree 0
    Who and where is neuroscience training offered?
  • Dr. Marc Hurwitz | 09 Nov 2015, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    The article raises a great question: How do we help our students understand the value of the social science we know underpins HR?

I am a neuroscientist by training, and a lecturer in leadership/followership/HRM and entrepreneurship.

While neuroscience holds great promise, the social cognitive neuroscience is far too new a discipline to be taught to students. Most of the 'results' in the field are not easily interpreted, and sometimes even quite wrong.

Let's wait awhile before replacing good social science with poor neuroscience.
  • Christina Haxton, MA LMFT | 10 Nov 2015, 09:16 AM Agree 0
    Excellent article - I've been teaching online and live workshops for business owners, managers and leaders practical strategies to transform stress and conflict into productivity and trust for many years.

I teach just enough about how our brain is wired for participants to appreciate the science behind the concepts, but don't believe participants need to be experts in neuroscience to understand and apply the strategies back at work.

Free resources, articles and information at http://sustainable-leaders.com/news-ideas

Christina Haxton, MA LMFT
    Chief Potential Officer at Sustainable Leadership, Inc.
Post a reply