Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 15 Aug 2013, 12:02 AM Agree 0
A US man is suing his employer over being tasered dozens of times over nine months as a practical joke.
  • Opinyun8ed | 15 Aug 2013, 09:15 AM Agree 0
    Amazing what some business owners will condone as acceptable behavior. Seriously, if I disliked an employee enough to taser him, I think I'd find a way to fire him instead.
  • Chris | 15 Aug 2013, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    This is not only workplace abuse but assault with a weapon (potentially deadly for some individuals)! Criminal charges are appropriate here!
  • MB | 15 Aug 2013, 09:11 PM Agree 0
    If this horror show happened in a civilized, large and modern business that would of course have an HR department, investigation and action would have been swift. Clearly this is not a business of that calibre but a bunch of ignorant people mascerading as management without any clue of fundamental hr and management best practices or dignity, wellness, and respect. I am an executive HR leader and if my union counterparts read this they would say this is a classic reason why unions exist.
  • Anne-Marie Harris | 19 Aug 2013, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    There's no way this could happen in a company with a trained hr professional. It would be immediately labelled as a problem and dealt with either through training or disciplinary action. This is one of the problems with small family/individual companies - they don't have the training or base knowledge to handle these situations.
Post a reply