Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 05 Dec 2014, 10:33 AM Agree 0
Could taking a look at your employee’s lunch really tell you how happy they are?
  • Jeannie McQuaid | 05 Dec 2014, 02:27 PM Agree 0
    41 per cent promoting fast food at home after a bad day....did the research consider gender and parental responsibility in their question? Makes sense to me that after a particularly horrid day at work, Mum might not feel like starting from scratch on dinner.
  • Laura | 14 Jan 2015, 10:10 AM Agree 0
    Jeannie,
    I believe this study refers to people that work outside of the home. I think you're referring to stay at home parents or those that work from home?
    Here is what it says in the opening paragraph:
    "according to one new study, our mood in the office directly affects what we choose to eat later in the day."
    It also implies management should pay attention to what/how their employees are eating.
    If thats not what you meant, I think your statement is exactly the point they are trying to express. Anyone who has a bad/long day at work will not likely feel up to cooking themselves dinner, especially a time consuming meal.
    I know this is certainly true for myself and my partner. When one of us has had a really bad day, we often want something easy, deliverable, often a comfort food like pizza. :)
  • Jeannie McQuaid | 15 Jan 2015, 08:31 AM Agree 0
    No, I'm talking about working parents, particularly working Mums, since statistically the majority of childcare and cooking still falls to the female parent and further, if it's a single parent family, statistically there are more single, custodial Mums than Dads. The family responsibilities after work factor in, which is why I posted "after a particularly horrid day at work, Mum might not feel like starting from scratch on dinner."
Post a reply