Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 02 Sep 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
HRM caught up with two industry experts who have opposing views in a bid to better understand the traditional approach.
  • Frederick | 02 Sep 2016, 08:58 AM Agree 0
    I think Patrick is wrong. Every person employed should be a valuable asset to the company. If this is not true for a particular individual he or she should be relocated, trained or fired.
  • Jim Brown | 02 Sep 2016, 09:17 AM Agree 0
    Patrick you are correct if you are recognizing this employee ( “I could be here for five years, I could be an absolute cancer within my workforce, I could be an unpleasant employee) This should not be a concern with recognition. This is a management issue. Why has no corrective action been put in place? If that did not work why is this employee still with your company?

Best in class career milestone awards focus on the contributions of the employee and tie that back to the values and success of the organization.
  • KPM | 08 Sep 2016, 04:32 PM Agree 0
    Milestone recognition is just the beginning to showing appreciation towards your employees. Frederick nailed it above, "Every person employed should be a valuable asset to the company. If this is not true for a particular individual he or she should be relocated, trained or fired." The beauty about introducing milestone recognition programs and behaviors in your company is that you can build upon that and expand it to achievements and good work. What employee who invested countless hours on a project or report or who had simply provided great service to an internal or external client wouldn't want that to be recognized by their employer in some shape, way or form? Perhaps in an e-card on a company social recognition site as mentioned in the article? Recognition is appreciation, appreciate leads to happy employees and happy employees are productive employees, it just makes sense.
Post a reply