Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Is HR dead?

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 20 Nov 2013, 12:02 AM Agree 0
Is the HR department obsolete? One expert says it's time to pack up the office and go home
  • Chris | 20 Nov 2013, 08:28 AM Agree 0
    The HR department described by Bernard Marr is of an outdated "personnel office". The HR of today does exactly what Marr says it should: "people analytics" and "people support". However, contemporary HR teams provide these services in a holistic manner which is much more effective when working with humans.
  • Joanne | 20 Nov 2013, 09:01 AM Agree 0
    What an idiot. With the amount of legislation around employment and health and safety there has to be someone designated to ensure the company is compliant at all times. What about the minefields associated with Unions - I rest my case.
  • Orlando Morante | 25 Nov 2013, 03:17 PM Agree 0
    I am just new in this undustry. I totaly agree with this article. is not just how we named..is how this profession is being training. 4% og predicting planing in a era where Computer, Internet, Analitics are that important. I was just surprise when I attande my last HR Meeting in Toronto and 80% of the professional that I ask about what an ATS is..dont have a clue..When I review HR programs at schools..NO technology courses ...So..Make sense? Is time to rmake some changes
  • An Expat | 26 Nov 2013, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    Orlando, you'd be best to take some English courses first.
Post a reply