Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 09 Dec 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Women are dominating the profession of HR and the consequences can be unexpected and far-reaching.
  • Buck Thornton | 09 Dec 2016, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Really? You need to ask the question. See that the reasons why men are not in HR are fem-splained why.
    I've worked in HR dominated by women. A very unwelcome place for men.
    Men check out of female dominated environments due to the resentments and abuse directed toward them. Men go, like business does, where they are welcome. They are not welcome in HR dimensions. The same trend is happening in University - campuses are becoming one sex dimensional.
  • Wayne Forster | 12 Dec 2016, 09:21 AM Agree 0
    In my region (Nova Scotia, Canada) approximately 80% of the members of our provincial HR association are female. Of the 20% that are male, most are older guys like me who have been in the profession for some time. There are very few young men entering the HR field. I don't think that's good for either the profession or the organizations it serves.
  • HR Guy | 12 Dec 2016, 10:36 PM Agree 0
    As someone who has tried to find employment in the for HR field for over a year i can attest that women are super discriminatory against men in the HR field. Only after 18 months of obtaining an degree in HRM with co-op experience and after going to 35 interviews (90% female interviers) i have had zero luck in securing an entey-level HR role. Out of the last 35 interviews, 3 went to 2nd stage interviews with all 3 being male interviewers. No worries because I wont let these estrogen-filled man-hating-fem-bots break me!
Post a reply