Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 07 Jul 2014, 08:32 AM Agree 0
When you consider an employee as a whole person you get the best results for them and your company.
  • Sue Thomson | 03 Jul 2013, 08:45 AM Agree 0
    Years ago, when Canadian organizations were mandated to provide FLS (French language service) and a % of their staff were to be FLS it created huge anomosity as, in some cases, the only reason the person was hired was due to the language component (in French only; sometimes their English was embarassing) -not their skills, nor based on merit. My concern, as I watch "diversity" unfold is not repeating history! I work for a very large diverse organization that spouts an inclusive diverse work environment. In reality what that is beginning to mean is white, anglo-saxon, able-bodied men of any age need not apply. I am glad to read that diversity is starting to move toward seeing the individual as an individual instead of by their "diversity offering".
  • Trevor Wilson | 10 Jul 2013, 01:43 PM Agree 0
    While I very much appreciate this article it has left quite a bit out. A couple of weeks ago we launched the book The Human Equity Advantage:Beyond Diversity to Talent Optimization (see www.humanequityadvantage.com). Stephen Shea was the key note speaker at the event and reflected the themes in the article but went much further.

The bottom line is that human equity is a conversation about moving beyond. Moving beyond a group focus to the individual, moving beyond representation to real measurement, moving beyond deficit focused management to strengths based leadership, beyond eliminating the dis-engaged to eliminating dis-engagement. Furthermore human equity is the first management paradigm intentionally designed from a positive psychology (not to be confused with positive thinking) paradigm. Just my two cents.

For more check out this short blog instalment:

http://www.twiinc.com/2013/07/human-equity-equals-happy-employees/

• Caitlin Nobes | 10 Jul 2013, 01:58 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for the input Trevor - in any news article word count means we have to focus on one angle or aspect, so it's great to have a resource for those wanting more information.
Post a reply