Forum

HRM Online forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 03 Nov 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Nobody likes letting an employee go but it’s an important skill that HR must get right – here, one industry lawyer shares her expert advice.
  • Isabella | 08 Nov 2015, 08:57 PM Agree 0
    As an hr professional, I believe that many currently used termination clauses in employment contracts are very unfair to potential employees. Giving a new potential hire , often those who really need the job, a proposed Contact that provides only basic termination rights no matter how long they work with the company is basically a screw-over.
    . It's the same as a pre nup where one party holds all of the power and says I can divorce any time I get tired of you and you agree you get nothing!
    I hate when I have to present one of these ... The Company starts from a Take it or leave stance... And justify it by suggesting it is protecting the Company! I call bulls**t on these.
    That's an unhealthy power dynamic right away. Shame on those who draft these unfair contracts and shame on Companies for using them!!
  • Shine | 03 Dec 2015, 01:43 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for the article
Post a reply