Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 05 Nov 2014, 01:12 PM Agree 0
HR professionals may be guilty of sweeping sexual harassment issues under the rug and one Ontario politician says it has to stop.
  • Elaine | 05 Nov 2014, 02:23 PM Agree 0
    I think it goes beyond just sexual harassment. Bullying also gets overlooked when it's a golden boy or girl being complained about. I've seen it countless times. If Wynne is going to do something about it, she needs to look beyond sexual harassment.
  • Jane S. | 05 Nov 2014, 02:37 PM Agree 0
    Interesting that none of the Ontario politicians, including the Premier, mentioned "Bill 168"; it shows how toothless that piece of legislation is.
  • Joanna | 06 Nov 2014, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    In 2009 Bill 168 was introduced... Have we forgotten about it already? A copy of Bill 168 should be posted everywhere in a workplace in Large Bold Font!!!
    http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&BillID=2181
  • kellie | 09 Nov 2014, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    Clearly, a great deal more education needs to take place. As Elaine commented, it's not just sexual harassment that needs to be addressed and it does make you wonder what good Bill 168 has done. But, sexual harassment is also covered by human rights and it seems that was overlooked as well.
  • Anonymous | 09 Nov 2014, 05:08 PM Agree 0
    Golden boy/girl, I brought the subject up not too long ago where a bullying Director turned the table around and accused HR of being malicious. He's been bullied as a child spent most of his elementary and high school days i hiding in his locker.now an child bully who is now the perpetrator.
Post a reply