Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 27 Apr 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Employees value open communication more than impressive perks but only 15 per cent of organizations are delivering.
  • Westcoaster | 27 Apr 2015, 10:45 PM Agree 0
    Great article. I don't think a lack of communication means a lack of ability or caring. Managers are very aware (especially managers who also wear the HR hat in smaller companies) of what COULD be said but they refrain from saying too much because the situation or company is too volatile to make promises or allow a such communication. Today's business is extremely competitive. I have only seen ''open communication'' made rarely and to individuals who earn money for the company. Support rarely gets any open communication and are treated like drudges. Support and administration only are communicated with when something goes wrong or when someone wants something urgently. People are warned to guard their thoughts and opinions and I think managers are even more wary of being sued or held liable for saying too much.
Post a reply