Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 19 Sep 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
It might not be the most pleasant topic to bring up, but one expert says avoiding it can be worse – so, how do you tell an employee they smell?
  • Valerie | 19 Sep 2013, 08:18 AM Agree 0
    An employee working for me had bad body odour. She obviously knew this was a problem since she was trying to mask it with a ton of perfume which exacerbated the problem. I took her aside and spoke with her about the heavy dose of perfume she was using and how it was affecting the other employees. I further commented that she should see a doctor since her problem could well be something a doctor could help her with. She took my advice and saw a doctor who did determine that her body odor was something that he was able to treat successfully. She thanked me for this afterwards.
  • Andrea | 24 Sep 2013, 06:51 AM Agree 0
    What happens if the body odur is affecting the business? What if they work with customers? If they continue not to address the issue, what would be the next step? ....
Post a reply