Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 05 Dec 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Ripped jeans, worn t-shirts, see-through blouses – you might know what unacceptable clothing looks like, but how do you address it?
  • Chris | 05 Dec 2013, 08:07 AM Agree 0
    Long ago I heard the adage, "Dress for the position one above the one you're in." What that means to me is to dress according to your professional aspirations. Another one refers to going for a job interview: "Dress in a manner that is appropriate for the position you're being interviewed for." In other words, don't wear a 3-piece suit to an interview for a warehouse picker. My personal advice: "Dress in the manner you wish to be perceived" and if you wish to be perceived as trashy-with-no-respect-for-your employer,your job, your colleagues, or yourself.... well, that's your decision and they are your consequences to deal with.
  • Joanne | 10 Dec 2013, 08:55 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Chris. Dress how you want to be perceived. To be honest someone wearing a 3 piece suit to an interview for a warehouse picker to me is okay. That is the job not the person. I have interviewed blue collar and white collar workers. I really do not expect either to come in a 3 piece suit but am equally impressed by them if they do.
Post a reply