Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 30 Apr 2015, 07:00 AM Agree 0
After an Australian HR department received 41,000 job applications, HRM spoke to one expert about how best to handle such a situation.
  • Theo Tiv Gal | 30 Apr 2015, 01:12 PM Agree 0
    I understand the need for feedback and agree but its unrealistic to give feedback to so many applicants. Employers offer are not posting jobs right with few specific details. Some go the other way ask for too much experience and qualifications. There is a happy medium. This only works with the right economic position. You could ask for a Dr. In landscape engineering and its a must you still get 10,000 applicants that don't have the Dr. If economic conditions are not right. People need a job to provide so they skip the requirements. You as hr have to use your time to find the applicant, there is no magic bullet.
  • Mary Anne | 30 Apr 2015, 04:10 PM Agree 0
    This article makes no sense. Is the focus, as the title suggests, reducing the number of unqualified applicants? or is the focus interview etiquette? If the focus is reducing the number unqualified applicants, then I don't think that Ms. Evans has much experience with recruitment, because I can assure her that no matter how clearly you set out the qualifications for a position, you still get an avalanche of unqualified people who apply either because of desperation or because they just don't have a clue. As far as following up with someone after a face-to-face interview, that's definitely the right thing to do, but what does it have to do with getting 41,000 applications for 1,250 jobs?
Post a reply