Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 24 Jun 2014, 08:40 AM Agree 0
While companies strategize on how to manage the increasing loss of baby boomers, you could ease the pressure on your company by facilitating gradual retirement.
  • mal | 24 Jun 2014, 07:15 PM Agree 0
    I think this is an excellent idea and more employers should adopt to the idea of letting employees retire gradually. As people get older they need to feel that they are also valuable to the society (which they are). And if employers allow mature employees to work on part time basis, and let them mentor the new employees it is beneficial for both the employees and the employers. New employee gain from the experience ans wisdom of the mature employee and older employees feel that their services are valued which may also benefit their psychological state of mind.

Additionally, if an employee has worked for many years with one employer than I think that the employer has a moral responsibility to support the retiring employee with medical and dental benefits after full or partial retirement.
Post a reply