Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 17 Apr 2014, 06:36 AM Agree 0
Are you the only HR person in your organization? HRM looks at ways to deal with the challenges of operating on your own.
  • Doris Wagner | 17 Apr 2014, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    Very relate able article for me. Being the solo HR person in a co. of 60 people I find that my administrative duties are getting bigger which sometimes interferes with my core duties as the only HR person.
  • Kellie | 21 Apr 2014, 01:28 PM Agree 0
    Am I reading this correctly - an HR staff of 10 for 100 employees? Wow! That sounds off a bit...having said that...I was a lone practitioner with 289 employees. You are absolutely right in that there is a lot of mixed priorities but also a lot of rewards. I never learned so much as I did in that role and very often look back on the things I had the good fortune of leading because I was 'it'
  • Eric | 21 Apr 2014, 02:13 PM Agree 0
    When you are the only HR practioner in a company of 130, administrative challenges can sometimes be a nightmare.---- paperworks, filing, payroll, standard compliance in all processes, other numerous requests from regional, head office and immediate bosses that includes the employees you serve. I agree, you can't be all to all of them and the same time you are expected in a way.
Post a reply