Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 12 Oct 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The man was found guilty of possessing stolen goods but a B.C. arbitrator has ruled his dismissal unjust.
  • Neena Gupta | 13 Oct 2016, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    As a citizen, I expect public servants, such as firefighters, to be men and women of great moral integrity. Receiving stolen goods, trying to hide his misconduct and lying to the police are all inconsistent with the high degree of trust that is placed on public servants. Williams was not an ordinary employee. I disagree that his position did not expose him to temptation, as it would be very easy for someone like Williams to "pocket" something valuable at a fire that would no doubt be assumed to have been lost in the flames. This decision should be appealed. I don't think the average citizen would expect a convicted person to be a firefighter.
  • Rick Filsinger | 17 Oct 2016, 08:28 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Neena, we expect a higher bar for those in public service. This individuals behaviour reflects badly both on his department and the profession as a whole.
Post a reply