Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 04 Jan 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
Many would like to think themselves ‘irresistible’ – but not if it means getting fired. Yet that’s exactly what happened to one so-called ‘irresistible’ dental nurse in the US.

• BN | 04 Jan 2013, 01:05 PM Agree 0
    This outcome sickens me to think that we still have courts and judges condoning this type of discrimination against any employee (male or female). Dr Knight should be ordered to pay a huge severance to Mrs Nelson.
  • BB | 04 Jan 2013, 02:13 PM Agree 0
    Ultimately, this individual is responsible for his behaviour... he should be able to control himself as should his dental assistant co-worker. If mutual behaviour was developing that was not appropriate then the simple solution would be to put a stop to those behaviours (put some boundaries in place... no more personal exchanges, no more text messages, etc.) - they had been working together for 10 years. He is a dentist and is supposed to be professional. I also understand the principle of taking a pre-emptive step to remove yourself from a situation in which you feel tempted, however, in this case, he owns the business - in fact, he is the business. So, if he can't control himself then he has to let her go (he can't remove himself from his own business), but, since this is not her fault, she should be heavily compensated for such an action.
Post a reply