Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 18 Oct 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0

The Great Canadian Sick Day is clearly alive and well, as evidenced by these 20 hilarious and real-life excuses to miss work.
  • Joni | 18 Oct 2013, 09:03 AM Agree 0
    Employee's parents are getting a divorce

Got lost on the way to work
  • Carol | 25 Oct 2013, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    Employee had stood in line to finally get his Xbox and he was going to stay at home for the day to try it out.
  • Jeannie | 01 Nov 2013, 08:19 AM Agree 0
    Cat peed on his passport and he had to apply for a new one.
  • Carol | 07 Nov 2013, 06:32 AM Agree 0
    These are funny. Personally, I experienced 3 of these situations and was late for work (not a sick call). A bluejay attacked my head on the way to my car and actually put a hole in my scalp; our new to us dog got into the closet overnight during the winter months and chewed every pair of boots we owned; a new pair of pants I purchased completely split in the back while driving to work - obviously defective merchandise.
  • Sue | 22 Nov 2013, 09:00 AM Agree 0
    My hair was covered in conditioner when I ran out of hot water!

Hummm, ever hear of rinsing in cold water or boiling some water in a pot or kettle?
  • Sue | 22 Nov 2013, 09:01 AM Agree 0
    My hair was covered with conditioner when I ran out of hot water!!
    Ummm, ever hear of rinsing in cold water or heating some water in a pot or kettle
  • Christine | 29 Nov 2013, 09:50 AM Agree 0
    I slept in because my mother who usually calls me every morning to make sure I wake up to wake my kids up to get to school didn't call as the kids were out of town. (37 y.old)

I was held up at the border because I set off the radiation scanner because I had a CT scan a month before

My legs are swollen because I sat on the slot machines too long and then got on an airplane to come home and now can't walk

These are just the a few, some are even better, including multiple deaths of the same grandparent
Post a reply