Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 14 Feb 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
The coming long weekend should be a reminder that supporting staff to have a healthy home life is good for your company’s bottom line.
  • An Expat | 14 Feb 2013, 10:51 AM Agree 0
    " industry experts say the holiday reinforces the importance of remembering that optimum employee contribution comes from a work/life balance."

What a load of dung. This was a holiday dreamed up to keep politicians in power.
  • Duggie | 18 Feb 2013, 09:34 AM Agree 0
    I believe in family. I believe in giving people flexibility in the workplace.
    I find it ironic that in a society where the "family" is becoming less important - we placate ourselves by giving this "holiday" a warm & fuzzy name. A day off is a day off ... another day to waste on social media. Sorry - "Family Day" is an overworked catch phrase.

• Adele59 | 22 Feb 2013, 02:51 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps we need to look at this issue from another angle. Regardless of the name of a day off,the employee is ultimately responsible as to how they spend the day. If you cannot achieve balance between work and personal life on a weekend, an extra day off, no matter what the label, will not magically launch you into a utopia of balance.
  • Security Girl | 22 Feb 2013, 04:00 PM Agree 0
    Whether you call it Family Day, Louis Reil Day, or Islander Day; it is still a much needed mid winter break. Kids get alot of time off so it is nice that the parents can have one day the same. If they choose to spend "family" time is at their own descretion. If larger companies wanted to promote work/life balance then they could host their own fun events for family day or provide admission cost to events that are in their areas.
Post a reply