Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 06 Dec 2013, 12:02 AM Agree 0
Manners matter but sometimes a person is already hired before HR realizes they lack etiquette. So how can HR avoid this? Employ a ‘fake HR’, according to one CEO.
  • Leah Morgan | 06 Dec 2013, 09:59 AM Agree 0
    I read in an article years ago that Donald Trump takes prospective employees out for lunch and pre-arranges with the restaurant to mess up the lunch order. He then observes the prospective employee's reaction, noting if the employee is more interested in correcting their lunch order or in discussing the job.
  • lori | 06 Dec 2013, 10:12 AM Agree 0
    receptionists are also great people to let HR know what someone is truly like. people are often very pushy and rude when they want to see an HR person to drop them resume off too etc. these days so much of that is done online this doesn't happen as often BUT, they do see many candidates before they are even a consideration. i used ours a lot years back to screen people.
  • Nancy Quattrocchi | 09 Dec 2013, 07:38 AM Agree 0
    We routinely ask our receptionist how the candidate(s) treated her when they arrived. If we are running late in between interviews, we specifically check in with the receptionist to see how the next candidate handled this. We were shocked to get some of the feedback we did and it saved us numerous times. I highly recommend this type of offline interview as it definitely exposes the candidate's weaknesses if he or she has any.
Post a reply